Sunday, 27 July 2014

Another Love Sewing Mag make: The Jackie O bag





You may have noticed how much I love Issue 3 of love sewing magazine?

Oh yes I really love it...

It not only came with a free pattern for a perfect summer tunic.
It also came with some free bag handles and inside the mag are instructions on how to use them three different ways.

I chose to make


The Jackie O bag


Last night it started like this....

You know how it goes...the boys are watching 'man programmes' on TV, its hot, the calm and the coolness of the sewing room beckons......





You pick up your new favourite magazine and bam! an idea takes shape




I will make that bag in ice cream fabric....and use those free handles...


The actual pattern was designed by Laura Strutt  she has a superb blog too find it here




Just the handles to add now.....


Oh and do that thing where you say...taaa daaaah!




I am loving sewing piping at the moment, but still learning....!




Have you got the mag yet?
If so give the bag a go it only takes a couple of hours...

bestest sunny  Sunday wishes to you today!


12 comments:

  1. Wow! I just love your bag. Great choice of fabric.
    One minute you were showing your fabric and vintage ric rak and wondering if it would be a good match and the next you are showing a finished bag. You are FAST! I think it must be the glass of wine LOL.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bag - I love the fabric you used for it ! It is thé perfect summer bag now, with that cute ice cream print !

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 issues in and I still haven't found time to make anything! But I will! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smashing Summer bag. I think it would take me more than a couple of hours to make one though. Love the colours btw.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a bag for summer and I love the details. You have to get so close for piping don't you? you have made a great job. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is gorgeous!!! I did see this magazine - and the handles - but I didn't buy it because I didn't think that I would use them, one day I will do more sewing!! I hope that you love using your bag. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Que linda esa bolsa Deysi ! Adore el género elegido !'nQue tenga un bendecido comienzo de semana

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH yes, that is tooooo gorgeous Daisy! You've made a fab job of it and I love the fabric … and doesn't the piping suit it perfectly too! Enjoy it - I'm watching out for the mag but it'll be ages yet before it gets here. xoJoy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Daisy you're so fast! a glass of wine would have slowed me down but obviously not you, it looks ready for a magazine cover. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have made a great job of the bag. Well done. The handles look exactly like ones I've just used for a crocheted bag. I should be writing about it some time soon on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous fabulous! I have the mag, I have the handles, I even have the chosen fabric, now I have to hop to it! Love the ice cream fabric, it's dreamy! Cx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes I have the mag, thank to you!! and I have eyed out that bag too. I have to say you have done a lovely job with yours and I love the fun summer print you chose! Now that I have finished my tunic, maybe I can get around the bag. Its more than likely going to be after the hols, oh I wish there was more time! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, it makes blogging a true pleasure and it is so exciting to know there are real people out there!
bestest.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...